Can anyone provide guidelines on planning travel to Nigeria, Benin & Togo?
Hi, I am based in New Delhi, India. I have to travel to Lagos (NIgeria), Cotonou (Benin) & Lome (Togo) in August first week. I have to spend 2-3 days in each of these cities. This will be my first visit to any african country. From My place, round trip tickets are available to Lagos. From Lagos, I have to travel to other 2 places, for which I dont know how I should plan. I'd appreciate if you can guide me in modes of transport available from lagos to cotonou, then cotonou to lome, and from lome back to Lagos, as my return ticket is from lagos. If possible also guide me on language, i.e. whether english is understood to reasonalble extent or not?
English is the main and official language in Nigeria. The boarder crossing at Badagry may end up driving you crazy and costing you a lot of money, so I would suggest flying from Lagos to Lome, and then try to get a vehicle to take you back to Lagos via Cotonou so you only have to cross that boarder once. Another alternative is to fly back to Lagos from Lome as well. The drive looks longer, but believe me it will save you time and trouble.
If you do travel by road, insure that you have a reliable driver & vehicle with all of the correct papers - and make sure your visa for Benin is a multi-entry one as you will be crossing the boarder twice (same for Nigeria).
Other than the boarder crossings it is a very nice ride. Enjoy Benin & Togo, be alert in Nigeria.
Nigeria Travel Guide - Dos and Donts
nigeria travel guide
nigeria travel guide
nigeria travel guide
No comments:
Post a Comment