Is it a bad idea to become a travel agent these days?
I am going to be a sophomore in college, and I had been majoring in elementary education, but I'm not so sure it's right for me. I love traveling, and I would love any discount I could possibly get being a travel agent. But is this becoming a road less traveled?
I also want to be a tour guide. When I went overseas I had a tour guide and it looked like it would be a lot of fun. Stressful and tiring, yeah, but a lot of fun.
I want to travel a lot and I want a job that allows me to do so. Where can I begin?
There are fewer travel agents around these days then in the past because of the internet. Whereas you needed to book flights, hotels, and cruises with agents, today people can cut out the middleman and just book themselves on line.
Before committing yourself to any career, I'd check to see what the demand for the particular job category is - for instance, through the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics or through your state's workplace development/unemployment offices.
And remember -- watching someone else perform a job is much different than actually working at it. There's usually a lot of behind the scenes job tasks that we don't know about. If you want to be a Tour Guide, I'd recommend trying to speak with someone who's actually dong the job and get their advice. Maybe email the person who was your tour guide or check with your college's career development center.
Purchase Inexpensive Airfare Tickets - Wholesale Prices
discount travel guides
discount travel guides
discount travel guides
No comments:
Post a Comment