Roman History Buffy Traveling to Italy...?
Keeping it brief, I am a history buff especially when it comes to Ancient and Medieval Rome. I prefer doing my own sight seeing, but guided tours are OK if that is all there are. I was hoping for ANY suggestions you have for someone going on a Roman History vacation in Italy, sights, locations, hotels, anything. Thanks in advance!
If you love ancient roman history, you must see the 'Casa Romanae' houses and the area around the Celian Hill (near the Colosseum):
http://www.italyheaven.co.uk/rome/areas/celio.html
Despite being just five minutes from the wonderful Colosseum, this area is a little off the 'tourist track', probably because it is mostly residential.
The churches and streets are wonderful, but the hidden houses are just incredible ... I visited twice, I was so impressed!
Have a wonderful time, you will love retracing the steps of those ancient heroes and villains and their histories :-)
Travel Guide -- Rome, Italy
ancient rome travel guide
ancient rome travel guide
ancient rome travel guide
No comments:
Post a Comment