I was just diagnosed with a gluten allergy and was wondering if anyone here lives in the Netherlands with a Gluten Free (GlutenVrij) Diet? Just like here in the States, I dont want to have to go to the Health Food Store for EVERYTHING! Is there a registry for the netherlands for resturants like glutenfreeregistry.com (for the US)? Or a Gluten Free Shopping Guide? Ive done a ton of research and all I can find is stuff about people traveling there. I need some help, mostly because I will be living with family who will be supporting me A LOT as far as $$ goes and I dont want to make this EXTRA difficult on them. THANK GOD this doesnt mean i cant eat cheese!! I love the stuff! Any help would help!
Thanks!
I know very little about this I'm afraid, but I did look into it once for another similar question, so checked back to find the links which will help you
http://www.glutenvrij.nl/page/Glutenvrij-leven/Uit-thuis/Vakantie/Holiday - is more for a tourist visiting NL and http://www.livaad.nl/Livaadengels.htm is a listing (it says with more than 20,000 glutenfree products) from the different supermarkets (on the left). Of course the names of the products are in Dutch, but usually Google translate (paste the link of the site) will help - this is the best source I found and this will help you/your family because these are regular products in regular supermarkets
On the same site you can find people living closeby, so it might be nice for you to check in your area and then you can maybe find someone that can give you the local lowdown http://www.livaad.nl/Buddy.htm and they maybe can also give info to your family in Dutch.
Finally on the same site is a link to forums so that if there's specific questions then there are people who have a lot more experience about it http://www.livaad.nl/Link.htm
Best of luck!
GlutenFree Passport - Stanford Celiac Conference: Part 1
gluten free travel guide
gluten free travel guide
gluten free travel guide
No comments:
Post a Comment