Sunday, 18 October 2009

Atlanta Travel Guide

atlanta travel guide"atlanta travel guide"
What is interesting to do close to exits from I-75 Atlanta, GA to Lexington, KY?

I am traveling approximately 8 hours from South GA to KY with tentative plans to spend one night in Chattanooga, TN. I don't have any definite plans yet so I would appreciate any suggestions. I like somewhere nice but not over $100/night, preferrably a family owned place as opposed to a larger chain hotel. I am staying with family once I get to KY so I really don't need much advice about that area since I will have them as guides once I get there. Also, any points of interest not too far from the I-75 exits would be nice to know. I am interested in history and nature. Thanks so much for the advice.


In Chattanooga you can visit Lookout Mountain & a number of other great things close by...take a look at www.lookoutmountain.com for lots of great information.

Once you're on I-24 headed to Nashville, you can stop in Lynchburg and visit the Jack Daniel's and even take the factory tour...don't plan on buying any there, it's in a dry county.

Around Nashville, you could take the tour of 'The Hermitage' President Andy Jackson's home...it's not an all day thing, but a great old house. Don't forget to take a look at the gravestones in the family cemetery.
www.thehermitage.com

Once in KY, if you're a car fan, stop in Bowling Green and take the tour of the GM Corvette Plant & Museum. You'll see at least one of every model ever made.

If you're headed as far as Louisville, don't pass up the chance to visit Churchill Downs or the Louisville Slugger factory (downtown).


Travel Guide - Atlanta, Georgia









atlanta travel guide
atlanta travel guide
atlanta travel guide

No comments:

Post a Comment