Thursday, 28 January 2010

Baedeker Travel Guides

baedeker travel guides"baedeker travel guides"
What is the best travel guide book for thailand?

Hi there,

Hard to make a choice when people give controversial opinions about Lonely planet. Perso i find the rough guide too much like a novel. the lonely planet is better but don't get the best votes, especially the last one. I was thinking of AA spiral which is smaller but more clear even if less info. Anybody used the Baedeker one?
thanks


In my personal opinion I think that people place too much emphasis on the guide books that you use.

Rough guides/ Lonely Planet/ AA guides are all great books for reference and I can advise them all. Lonely Planet is a more widely accepted guidebook accross the world. Rough Guides are a far off second in terms of recognising the brand and the AA seem to be very useful for major city information but all three are very useful.

I will say that I have used the Lonely Planet Series for Thailand (Thailand 2006 / South East Asia on a Shoestring 2006/ Thailand's Islands and Beaches) and have had great pleasure with them but I find just as relevant information in the other two series'.

The main uses of the guidebooks once travelling is; finding a bed, get to know a little about the area and a rough idea how to leave when you are ready. All the in between pieces are what makes travelling fun.

Hope I can be of help.




baedeker travel guides
baedeker travel guides
baedeker travel guides

No comments:

Post a Comment