Tips for living in Costa Rica?
This spring I will be living in San Jose, Costa Rica as part of my study abroad. Does anyone have any general tips or useful information, such as the bus system, student hangouts, etc..? I'm not looking for the stuff I could find in a travel guide, but rather the tips I would get from the locals. Also any ideas on weekend trips would be helpful. I will be there January -April. Gracias
If you staying in San Jose or in any city in the Central Valley you can make weekend trips to almost every where in the country. There is so much to do in Costa Rica. You must check out the volcanoes, Poas for a close view of crater and Arenal for it majestic view and night lava eruptions.
Go to the beach, the ones in Guanacaste are the best.
If you are adventurous, try white water rafting and the zip lines.
In San Jose, go to the Gold museum and the Jade museum.
The transportation is good, there are buses to every where and it is cheap. All the main bus stations are locate in San Jose, very close to each other. Other option is taking cabs is you are traveling to close spots in the city.
San Pedro, in the East part of San Jose, around the University of Costa Rica, is a very popular spot for students hangout. There are a lot of bars and good restaurants. Escazu in the West, is another popular spot, specially during the weekends.
People are very friendly there. If you need help or get lost, feel freely to ask anyone for help. As in everywhere in the world, be careful when you walking in the street in dark places or where there are a lot of people.
San Jose, California Wikipedia travel guide video. Created by Stupeflix.com
san jose travel guide
san jose travel guide
san jose travel guide
No comments:
Post a Comment