Diving in Krabi for beginners?
Hi guys,
I'm traveling to Krabi next week. I don't have a diving license, have never done it before and my swimming skills are basic. I want to know if I'm allowed to dive, if there are adequate facilities to learn and the costs of guided diving packages. I don't wish to look at snorkeling as an option.
Any suggestions are welcome. Appreciate if you could also suggest any good diving operators in Karbi.
-Rishi
PADI* Open Water course (the qualification needed to obtain a diving licence) takes around three to four days to complete, or you can do a taster day called 'Discover Scuba Diving'. Both courses are supervised by qualified western instructors, who between them speak most of the major European languages, and there is always a practice session in a swimming pool before you jump in!
Once you experience diving, as one recent graduate of the Open Water course here describes, "it's like swimming in an amazing aquarium". The opportunity to view the beautiful and often strange marine life up close is something you will never forget. If you become hooked, it's also possible to increase your skills and knowledge by completing any in the PADI series of qualifications and speciality courses, right up to dive instructor level.
All equipment is provided and includes introductory dives and safety instruction. You can then dive anywhere in the world with this certification. Thailand is one of the cheapest, most comfortable and beautiful places in the world to complete a dive course. The OW1 PADI course costs about US$250, or you can opt for a one-off discover scuba program (lasting a day, with two dives) for about US$100
http://www.1stopkrabi.com/what_to_do/diving
http://www.divetheworldthailand.com/thailand-scuba-diving-dive-sites-krabi.php
http://www.aqua-vision.net/
Krabi Hotels Thailand - Find out all about Krabi hotels Thailand,Tourism,Things to Do @ Fargo Travel
krabi travel guide
krabi travel guide
krabi travel guide
No comments:
Post a Comment