Monday, 31 May 2010

Uganda Travel Guide

uganda travel guide"uganda travel guide"
How safe is it to travel across africa?

Like going from South Africa, and making my way up to Kenya, Uganda, etc. for like 8 months.
What if I went alone, and packed lightly? What if I went with my White friend (i'm of chinese descent) and we're descently sized strong dudes? What if I get a guide? What if we went to smaller villages?


Am kenyan american so your welcome to my country. Africans are friendly for the most part , but like all human flaws, you might bump into some rough characters. My advice would be that you do due deligence, by this I mean;

You should map your journey properly complete with expected arrival and depature times.

Make sure you have someone you are contacting constantly, so that your silence will be a signal of trouble.

If you pick a touring company ask for references.

You need to think of the language barrier that you will encounter and buy yourself phrase books in advance.

If you plan to camp make sure the area has no known wild animal activity; baboons are mean.

If you plan to go around the bushes, pack boots; we wouldn't want you bitten by a snake , especially a black mamba.

The water is safe but if you have qualms about it, then bring along a self filtering bottle


Most five star hotels in Africa are multinational and offer tour and guiding, this would be ideal since you can have them plan your trip and you would be worry free.

If you do go, I hope you enjoy your trip and please do not go hunting we like our animals alive.
Sorry for any typos am using my phone ands its such a pain.


"Western Uganda Safari" Mimmie5's photos around Uganda, Uganda (travel pics)









uganda travel guide
uganda travel guide
uganda travel guide

No comments:

Post a Comment