Saturday, 17 July 2010

Venice Travel Guides

venice travel guides"venice travel guides"
What should I see in Florence, Italy?

I am going to travel to Italy this Summer. I will see Rome, Florence and Venice. I have good travel guides of Rome and Venice, but all I can find here about Florence is included In Tuscany books, so the information is very incomplete. What would you advice me to see? Thanks for your help. :)
I'll be 4 days in Rome, 3 in Rome and 3 in Venice. By the way, I plan to travel to travel to these places by train. Do you know if I need to reserve the tickets before the travel?


Florence has a lot to see and do. Certainly you should see the Uffizi Gallery - spectacular art. The Accademia is where the original of Michelangelo's David is and includes a lot of other interesting sculpture and art. The Duomo and Giotto's tower are the signature sights of Florence. The tour of the Palazzo Vecchio is quite good. Across Ponte Vecchio, you'll find the Pitti Palace and Boboli Gardens. The palace has a lot of interesting museums. Go up to Palazzo Michelangelo to see the post card views of the city. While you're there, it's worth continuing a little further up the hill to the San Miniato al Monte church. The Orsanmichele has a spectacular tabernacle and interesting frescos. The Santa Croce church is worth a visit.

There are lots of websites with Florence info including:
http://www.virtualuffizi.com/uffizi/
http://www.aboutflorence.com/museums-in-Florence.html
http://www.onlineflorenceguide.com/florence-sightseeing.html
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g187895-Activities-c7-Florence_Tuscany.html
http://www.firenze.city-sightseeing.it/eng/index.htm
http://www.onlineflorenceguide.com/florence-sightseeing.html

If you don't have specific Florence guide books where you are, you could find them on amazon.com, or there will be lots of them at the news kiosks all over Florence when you get here.


Italy travel Venice Travel Tips + Venice Night 1









venice travel guides
venice travel guides
venice travel guides

No comments:

Post a Comment