I am an American. How can I travel to North Korea?
I know North Korea has limited tourism in the form of tightly controlled guided tours run by the army. How can I arrange to take one of these tours, as a citizen of the USA?
The DPRK hosts government delegations to this reclusive nation in certain months, usually in groups in 10 or twenty. However, under current DPRK regulations, it is extremely difficult, if not impossible, to be able to participate in the delegations using a US, South Korean, or Japanese passport, due to "special protocol in bilateral relations." That said, if you have a French passport, or any other passport for that matter, you can be admitted.
It is possible, though, to obtain entry to North Korea through a regular tourist trip, but you will need special Korean visas as well as possibly a Chinese double-entry visa. You can do this by contacting the DPRK Embassy in Beijing. The address is:
No. 11, Ri Tan Bei Lu,
Jian Guo Men Wai,
Chaoyang District
Beijing, China 100600
You may wish to contact them personally if you really want to go to North Korea through the delegations, but it will be tough. The US no longer provides letters for private American citizens seeking North Korean visas.
VICE Guide to North Korea
north korea travel guide
north korea travel guide
north korea travel guide
No comments:
Post a Comment