Saturday, 6 November 2010

Kauai Travel Guide

kauai travel guide"kauai travel guide"
Bird Watching in Hawaii ?

I'm still doing my homework for my few days trip to Hawaii and besides going whale watching I'm interested in going bird watching as well. I'll go on both Hawaii and Kauai. I have spotted a few hints in travel guides about Kauai and found http://www.hawaii-forest.com/index.php/tours/hakalau_forest_national_wildlife_refuge for Hawaii.

I'm interested in experiences feedback about birdwatching in Hawaii (I'll take pictures - that's my hobby, taking pictures of birds :-)) - so any hints feedback would be appreciated.


I assume you mean the island of Hawaii, the Big Island. If so, you'll want to plan some time at the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. In addition to learning and possibly viewing volcanic activity, there are lots of native birds to be found within its rain forest. An easy walk that might bring you some sightings would be along the path to the Thurston Lava tube.

Likewise, if you take the road towards Pahoa, on the east side of the island, stop at the Lava Tree State Park and you may also get a few sightings there.

The northern and eastern sides of most of the islands are where you will find most sightings, simply because that's where you'll find most of the rain forests. Kauai is one of the exceptions since Waimea Canyon is on the western side of the island and a drive up to the state park there should also provide you some sightings.

Good luck and enjoy your trip.


Travel Guide: Kauai, Hawaii









kauai travel guide
kauai travel guide
kauai travel guide

No comments:

Post a Comment