Tuesday, 12 April 2011

New York City Travel Guides

new york city travel guides"new york city travel guides"
What do locals do in New York City?

I am saving money so that my son and I can visit New York City.
I want to go and do the traditional "tourist" stuff, BUT what would anyone living in New York tell me to do that isn't in every travel guide? I love the arts and I love the unusual. Any ideas?


Go to any Brooklyn beach (Brighton Beach is the best) and make fun of Russian men in speedos. It's even better if you actually speak Russian.
I'm kidding (it is actually fun, but I think you need to break yourself into the city before truly learning to appreciate it). How old is your son - it sort of depends on his age. Go to Greenwich Village, if you like the arts - there are all sorts of fun, trendy gallas and galleries there that you can just walk into. Another great thing about the Village is that there are always fliers advertising arts shows, music shows, comedy clubs, so you can literally walk the neighborhood and find something. The Met is another obvious - it's a little touristy, yes, but I've lived in Brooklyn my whole life and still spend an occasional Saturday there.


Top 10 Travel Attractions, New York City (New York) - Travel Guide









new york city travel guides
new york city travel guides
new york city travel guides

No comments:

Post a Comment