Tuesday, 26 July 2011

Belize Travel Guide

belize travel guide"belize travel guide"
Can it be done: Panama to Belize $2600 and 3 months?

I really want to trek from Panama to Belize after a stint in Costa Rica but my funding will be very tight. I will be traveling the Panama to Belize trip alone. I am getting a guide that professes you can do it on a shoestring and another that says it can be cheap. I am wondering if it can be done on my budget of roughly 28 dollars a day and if so how. Is there anyone who has an idea or has done it? How did you get from place to place bus or air? How much did you spend and how long and where did you travel? What did you take wish you had taken? Any advice on how far $2600 would take me? Any info you have will be helpful.


I have traveled from Guatemala City to Panama and back on Ticabus and right now a one way economy ticket with them is a little over a hundred dollars. Your planned route would have you staying one night each in San Jose, Managua, San Salvador and arriving in Cuidad Guatemala on the fourth day. Plenty of inexpensive hostels in each city. I don't know about express bus lines north from Guatemala but would expect they are comparable. Ticabus, lodging and food would add up to a bit more than twenty eight dollars per day but would only be for four days. I can't imagine it taking four more days from Guatemala to Belize. If you want to use the chicken buses you can do it for a fraction of that, but it would be a real hassle. Still would take a lot less than three months. You would have to plan your routes so you would know which bus to get on and if you don't know basic Spanish you may end up somewhere other than planned. Sounds like a fun trip.


Travel Guide - Belize









belize travel guide
belize travel guide
belize travel guide

No comments:

Post a Comment