Sunday, 27 December 2009

Stockholm Travel Guide

stockholm travel guide"stockholm travel guide"
Could someone guide me in a one week journey around the center of Sweden?

I would like to take a trip spending 2 or 3 days in Stockholm and then travel by car around the center of Sweden for another 5 or 6 days. While I am planning the trip, I would be grateful if you could suggest destinations or routes in this area. Due to time limitations, I cannot visit the southern and northern part of the country.
I think that a route around the center (Svealand's zone) would be most appropriate.

Thank you very much, and best regards!
Thanks a lot Elizabeth!
I will go on June
Island, I have a guide book, but always is better to know several opinions from people who knows the country


What time of year are you planning to go? What are you interested in? There are a few different routes I can recommend, depending on what you want to see.

The prettiest part of Sweden is Dalarna, NW of Stockholm. This is where many people ski in winter, and stay in cottages during the summer. You could take the E4 north from Stockholm (towards Gävle) then spend a day exploring the natural beauty around Lake Siljan, before continuing south towards Karlstad. The country roads between Sweden's two largest lakes are very beautiful as well, you could then take them to Göteborg and spend a day or two. This is mostly farmland, but would give you an idea of "real" Sweden, not just the major cities, and there are many historical sites along this journey.

Alternately, you could drive to the southern suburb of Stockholm, Nynäshamn. From there, there's a ferry to Gotland, a great place if you're interested in medieval history. Spend a night or two there, then take the E4 south through Jönköping (more historical sites and museums) and on to either Göteborg or Malmö.
http://www.gotland.travel/

If you want to see major cities, it's very possible to cover both Göteborg and Malmö (as well as Copenhagen in Denmark) if you skip the sites in between. It's a 5 hour drive Stockholm-Göteborg, and maybe 7-8 hours Stockholm-Malmö.

If I knew more about your interests, it would be easier to recommend specific destinations.


Travel Guide to Stockholm, Sweden









stockholm travel guide
stockholm travel guide
stockholm travel guide

No comments:

Post a Comment