What's the best travel guide book for New Orleans?
I'm going to N'Awlins! I received a trip for two to NO and before I go I'd like to study up. I've found the NO tourism website and they promised to answer any and all questions. But I'd like to find a good travel book at the bookstore too. Something with its history and trivia as well as things to do, places to do, things to eat etc etc etc. I know of Frommers and Fodors (which both sound like something from my bf's LOTR DVDs) and Lonely Planet. But is there one book that sticks out from all the rest. Especially important would be that its a 2011 (post-Katrina post-oilspill - well as post as they can be since they're still dealing with both) edition.
I used the fodor's pocket guide when I went down the first time. I read it on the plane.
When I got there I just wandered and wandered and wandered and found things on my own. A lot of the hotels offer free walking maps in the lobbies. Those are helpful. Get one! When you start to wander it can get confusing.
Walk across Canal Street to St. Charles and take the cable car. It's a lovely ride into the garden district. There's the audobon zoo down there and some other stuff. Toward the end of the line some little restaurants. It's $1.50 every time you get back on tho. I usually go into one of the stores and get a bus pass for it for $5 and you can get on and off as much as you want for the day.
There are also plenty of walking tours to cemeteries that are interesting.
New Orleans Travel Guide - TraveltheWorldGuide.com
new orleans travel guide
new orleans travel guide
new orleans travel guide
No comments:
Post a Comment