Best way to get to the o2 london without the jubilee line?
Hi, going to britney spears on Sat. 13th June. Just got an email from the o2 saying the Jubilee line will be closed on Saturday and these are the alternative ways to travel. http://www.theo2.co.uk/images/PDF/misc/britney-transport-guide-20090613.pdf
I don't live in London and although I've been there many times and know may way around I only ever used the tube, so If I can't use it then I'm not sure of the best way, so any suggestions?
We're staying in Bayswater, beside the Lancaster Gate tube station.
So I thought maybe get the tube to stratford, then the bus (anyone know how much the bus will cost).
Also how much are taxis in london?
We're on a budget so nothing too expensive.
Anyway thanks for any suggestions!
xx
They have a lot of suggestions, I'm asking whats the best and easiest (and cheapest).
And genie thank but that link doesn't work, its timed out, I already tried the tfl site anyway. thx tho
I'll be using an oyster card btw
A taxi will cost you roughly £30, although don't quote me on that, I'm not a taxi driver.
Go with what the O2 have suggested and use the Central line from Bayswater to Stratford. If the Jubilee line is suspended for engineering works, replacement bus services will be put on, so your Tube ticket will be accepted on the bus to complete your "tube" journey, even though you'll be travelling partly by bus.
Don't buy a seperate bus ticket. Replacement bus services accept tube tickets. Pricewise, £4 single ticket for the entire journey (Tube and Bus) per person, or a day Travelcard giving you unlimited travel for the day for £6.30.
Edit: Just found out, from Stratford, you need replacement bus service F. This will take you from Stratford to North Greenwich via West Ham and Canning Town. For this reason, add about 15 minutes to your journey time.
Another Edit: Using an Oyster, touch in at Bayswater and touch out at Stratford. This will cost you £2.20. Board the bus without touching in, as doing so will increase your price. Just show it to the driver when boarding. You will not incur a penalty fare. If your not sure, ask a member of staff.
"Old Goa" Maxint's photos around Panaji, India (the govermet of india)
london travel guide pdf
london travel guide pdf
london travel guide pdf
No comments:
Post a Comment