Trips (using public transportation) starting from Bar/Ulcinj, Montenegro?
I will have 4 days to wander through the area, so if you have any information about possible trips and/or the budget needed for traveling around please share. I couldn't find a good website to guide me around yet.
If you only have 4 days, I suggest you go to the furthest place in the north, Herceg Novi (another small town, Igalo, is connected to HN and it is on the border) and start going back from there, visiting one place in a day.
Herceg Novi and Igalo will keep you occupied as there's a lot to see. You will find (if you don't already know) that Montenegrin coast, although small, is literally packed with small places and towns. I'm only giving you the bigger ones.
http://www.hercegnovi.cc/foto/e_index.php
http://igalo-park.com/en/index.htm
In Novi you can go on a boat to Rose which is just across the town and is a wonderful day trip if you like crystal water and unspoilt beaches.
http://www.montenegro.com/phototrips/coast/Rose.html
From Herceg Novi you go down to Boka Kotorska Bay, with Kotor as the main town. Since you're taking the bus, it will take you across the bay by ferry, included in the price. The bay itself has a lot of small places and is fun to drive along the coast, but I doubt you'll have time for that. Kotor is a beautiful ancient town and rightfully a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
http://www.kotormontenegro.net/
http://www.montenegro.com/phototrips/coast/Kotor_city_walls.html
Don't miss the Gospa od Škrpjela monastery on a small island! It's on the first photo here:
http://www.discover-montenegro.com/Boka-Kotorska.htm
Budva is your next stop and although it's the most popular tourist destination in Montenegro, it's not my favourite place. But the Old Town is beautiful. Sveti Stefan and Miločer are the highlights:
http://www.budva.travel/eng
http://www.galenfrysinger.com/sveti_stefan.htm
http://images.google.com/images?q=milocer&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=YBiJStX5AtHdsgbm2ZT5Bw&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=4
http://www.montenegromap.net/montenegro_coast_map.html
There are many more places you'll see on your way, but these are the most interesting ones. I wouldn't worry about the budget as bus tickets are cheap and meals and drinks shouldn't be more than 50€ per person, on the average. You can find modest accommodation for 15-20€ to stay overnight in a rented room. Plenty of those upon request.
Enjoy your stay:-)
MCM Beach - Ulcinj / Ulqini [Montenegro]
montenegro travel guide
montenegro travel guide
montenegro travel guide
No comments:
Post a Comment