Tuesday, 14 December 2010

Travel Guide Tokyo

travel guide tokyo"travel guide tokyo"
Things to know if travelling without a guide in Japan?

My family wants to go to Japan next summer, and by then my Japanese will be okay, as I would've studied for 2 years. I want to know what we'll need to know if we want to travel there, around tokyo and hokkaido. also, I know chinese as I am Cantonese so I'll be able to read Kanji.

I would appreciate any tips and help that I can get for travelling in Japan.

Thanks a lot!


wuzarace provided some good information.

The most popular guidebooks are made by Lonely Planet. Frommers is also up there, but i prefer LP books. So, the easy answer to 'things to know if traveling without a guide in japan?' is to get a guide, in the form of a book.

Traveling takes planning, so look around and see what you like in guidebooks, choose your agenda, etc. I would recommend going to the Kansai region of japan instead of Hokkaido (Hokkaido is further away, and people tell me it is not anything special). Kansai is the region containing (of note): Osaka, Nara, Kyoto, Himeji, all of which are well worth a visit, and they are also very close to each other! Kansai is right next to Kantou (where Tokyo is).

I can read chinese too, it helps a little, but it is not like it helps a lot.

Traveling in japan is very easy, you will not need any help really. Unless you have more specific questions? How long are you going?


Sumo in Tokyo









travel guide tokyo
travel guide tokyo
travel guide tokyo

No comments:

Post a Comment