Tuesday, 14 June 2011

Brittany Travel Guide

brittany travel guide"brittany travel guide"
ANYBODY KNOW OF A TOURING CARAVAN SITE IN NORTH BRITTANY.....?

DUE TO THE FAB WEATHER WE'VE HAD THIS YEAR IN THE UK, WE'RE THINKING OF TRYING FRANCE NEXT YEAR. DOES ANYBODY KNOW OF A GOOD TOURING SITE WITH THE FOLLOWING;
NOT TOO BIG-ABOUT 200 PITCHES AT THE MOST
MUST HAVE A POOL
AND MAYBE A GAMES ROOM, CAFE AND BAR
HARDSTANDING PITCHES
NOT TOO FAR FROM A SANDY BEACH-BY THE WAY IS THERE ANYWHERE TO SURF IN NORTH BRITTANY?
NOT TOO EXPENSIVE
MAX.1 1/2 TO 2 HOURS DRIVE FROM ST MALO.
NICE CLEAN LOOS AND SHOWERS!!
IF ANYONE COMES UP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK.
I KNOW ITS A LOT TO ASK BUT WE'RE FRANCE VIRGINS AND ALL THE TRAVEL GUIDES ETC ARE JUST CONFUSING US.THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP XX


I suggest you join either (or both) of the Caravan Club or the Camping and Caravanning Club. One of the services they provide is organising and booking sites all over Europe, including the ferry crossings, insurance etc. I have just returned from a camping (tent) holiday arranged for me by the C & C Club in south west Brittany. Incidentally, I think the site I went to would be a possibility for you - altho' it does have nearly 500 pitches. (Look at the website for Camping du Letty at Benodet). It is on the edge of a good safe beach, about a mile from Benodet town, which is a lovely little place.
Previously we have used Camping Poulquer also at Benodet. This is a smaller site, very close to Benodet town and very pleasant with fewer pitches (booked thro' the Caravan Club.)
The north coast of Brittany is not particularly interesting but go into Finisterre and there's more to see and to do.
Campsites there include:
Ker-Ys at Pentrez Plage - lovely situation, edge of sea, 240 pitches.
Raguenes Plage, near Pont Aven, sea - 300 yards - 320 pitches.
There are good sites at Beg-meil, Fouesnant, Carnac, etc. If you really want to stay in North Brittany you could try Bel Event at St Pere (115 pitches and only 8 miles from St Malo and the sea); L'Abri Cotier at Etables-sur-Mer (125 pitches, 1/2 mile from sea); Trelevern at Port L'Epine (- 160 pitches, close to beach and 90 miles from St Malo.)
I have only mentioned sites of which I have knowledge but there are many, many more. Don't be put off by large sites. Du Letty has nearly 500 pitches but it is divided by high (2 metres) hedges into little areas each taking 4 to 6 units. We (my wife and I) are both pensioners but we found the place excellent with first class facilities.
If you book an inclusive holiday via one of the two clubs you will know that the site you choose will have excellent facilities, clean loos, etc.
I have camped in Brittany many times since my first visit in 1963 and if I can give you any further info which could be of use please post another question.


Brittany Travel Guide









brittany travel guide
brittany travel guide
brittany travel guide

No comments:

Post a Comment