Books about Spain, Barcelona in particular?
I'm traveling to Barcelona for a few weeks in May and I wonder if anyone has any good Barcelona-related book recommendations for me? I'm primarily interested non-fiction, particularly history, travel writing (no travel guides though, I already have a couple), (auto)biographies and books about popular culture but feel free to recommend fiction as well.
I'll also be traveling briefly to Nice, Sardinia and Sicily so if you have any recommendations for those places as well feel free to throw them in.
Thanks.
Xinoxano - Thanks for the recommendations, I'll definitely get the Hughes book, with any luck tomorrow when I'm at the bookstore. I've read The Shadow of the WInd and it's one of my favourite novels, but I haven't read the Falcones and now I plan to.
I recommend the following non-fiction book on Barcelona, Catalonia (we do not feel quite from Spain in Barcelona but you will learn that when you read any of these books)
"Barcelona" by Robert Hughes - I read it and it's quite interesting
http://books.google.com/books?id=DkAfAAAACAAJ&dq=barcelona&cd=2
If you have the chance, also the following novels on Barcelona, also translated into English, by local writers:
The Shadow of the Wind
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Shadow_of_the_Wind
The Cathedral of the Sea
http://www.lacatedraldelmar.es/english/index.html
Sardinia is tranquil and far from the maddening crowd
travel guide sardinia
travel guide sardinia
travel guide sardinia
No comments:
Post a Comment