Europe travel. Please help me!?
I'm going to the following places this summer, and I was wondering if you could tell me what the food is like there, IN DETAIL! Please. I'm worried that my pallate might be too picky for this, so i need to start eating foods that will get me more accustomed to the flavors of europe, but i dont know what that is.
The places are:
Madrid
Madrid--Seville
Seville--Granada
Granada-Costa del Sol
Coasta del Sol
Portugal
Lisbon
Morocco.
If you could tell me what each place is like, food wise only, I would greatly appreciate it!
Oh, and do you think since I"m going with a guided group...will the restaraunts tend to please the american palete?
because europe and america are SO different!
so do you think they'll have authentic food there? or do you think it'll be catered a little bit?
Spain: lots of 'tapas'. This is finger food, and some people really like it. I don't. It's olives, and things like that.
Portugal: good food, nice and spicy.
Morocco: excellent food. Couscous and lamb and food spiced with chilies.
If you are going with a group like Contiki, then I would recommend NOT going to the restaurants they take you to (for the optional excursions) - they are overpriced, not very good, and you are paying for being a tourist.
In virtually every place you will be able to find something that is to your taste. My spouse and I went to Spain for our honeymoon (we are Canadian and British), and we found that even though we didn't know what we were ordering half the time (BRING A GUIDE BOOK WITH LOTS OF FOOD PHRASES!!!!! TRUST ME ON THIS!!!!!!!), we always found something that was nice.
You ought to be able to find true authentic food off the beaten tourist track. Just watch where the locals go!!
Have fun, and don't be afraid to try new things!!
Bon voyage!!!!! :)
Travel Guide - Lisbon, Portugal
portugal travel guides
portugal travel guides
portugal travel guides
No comments:
Post a Comment